Friday, January 21, 2011

AGAINST ALL... LAWS


Another hottest year in 2010; debido a que realmente me siento magnánimo (although, several points -by today you must know them by heart- remain unresolved like, for instance, why still we are using only the 1961-1990 mean? As me and one of my former PhD generation mates asked to one of the holy cows in the Global Warming lecture without getting a straight answer) esta noche let's concede it; what is much more difficult to forgive $ is why we all are doing so little to tackle the biggest problem of our century (Stern dixit).


One simpler issue kept me apart from the keyboard for about a week (at least this time did not take 40 days and nights). As closer as you can get, I received another feedback, alguien que me recalca que sometimes my things aren't so great, quien es capaz de recordarme que no siempre podemos ser solo “faroles” de la calle, y que small things also do matter, that made me retreat to my bunker as a caveman to meditate about it.

En esas estaba, pondering my own domestic affairs, and getting to the conclusion that some of these critics are very likely right, when this week activities brought more ocassions to evaluate the present state of the planet, sorry, our nation, he he!!!

Por principio de cuentas, alcancé a arañar “la verdad” de que es posible pulverizar reglas no escritas de il popolo, que algunos -en su infinita soberbia- pretenden elevar al rango de leyes inmutables.


“...aguas, ya no se aprende igual...”

Al principiar esta jornada semanal, mi chinita y yo recibimos la visita de una ex housemate, que ya está a punto de terminar sus investigaciones en el extranjero. Ella me trae noticias frescas sobre mi antiguos compas, sobre todo de los asiduos visitantes al bar de los graduados: que si mi cuaderno, el chilaquil, ya terminó y ahora tiene other tasks to be accomplished en Centroamérica; que si mi coleguita sigue en la misma ivory tower where I used to be kink, pardon, king not so long ago; y uno de ellos me recuerda el viaje en Micro que hicimos otro de mis compas de la capirucha, el super user, y yo desde el norte de la ciudad a Viveros, cuando yo le decia: “pues yo tengo que sacarme de la cabeza eso de que ya estoy muy betabel pa' esos trotes y tengo que terminar y regresar aquí a cómo de lugar, mi estimado”, volviendo a nuestro latin lover, me dice que el golden boy, yunque sponsored, state awarded en la chupentud, sigue allá apadrinado por vaya asté a saber quién, sin tener pa' cuando terminar and be scouted by one of our government offices, just like one of the former drinking partners del cuña'o pródigo. En fin, allá ellos, que con su PAN se lo coman, más acá, ¡hay que reconstruir el país desde sus merititos cimientos, chinga!




“...a mí me otorgaron un título académico no uno nobiliario...”



By the way, swearing and laughing out loud (LOL) has become good excuse to slow down -a bit- my not normal (I suppose for not a small number) personality (ave de tempestades, remember? I won't change that, sorry). Just because we share the same working place and atmosphere -as my wife reminds me-, I can compromise on the issue, retreating myself with a huge banner saying “...a mí me otorgaron un título académico no uno nobiliario...”, ¡Dios me libre de comportarme como tales hipócritas! What is much more difficult to concede is to stop me constructing a strong Work Team ($ ¿no que Juan Camaney, compa? ¿Verdad que es infinitamente más complicado tener ideas propias?; te la regalo, no es la única y ni siquiera la mejor) for the time I stay -relatively happy- there.



ñÑáéíóúÁÉÍÓÚ¿?¡!




AL TIEMPO.


ENCORE MANAZEADO:



Danton 1/17- English subtitles









Against All Odds - Phil Collins (HQ Audio)


http://marcosalas.blogspot.com/2011/01/against-all.html
http://creatividadsocialmentecomprometida.blogspot.com/2011/01/against-all.html

No comments: